The minimum bank balance for a Canada student visa is 10,000 CAD or PHP 435,088 per yearly.
The first step to studying in Canada is applying for a student visa. The Canada student visa is issued to international students wishing to study at Canadian educational institutions. Although it is a single-entry visa, it allows holders to stay in Canada until the end of their study program.
Obtaining a student visa is crucial to be authorized to study at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) or a recognized educational institution in Canada. The Canadian government uses this recognition system to monitor and regulate DLIs and students. Therefore, it is essential to apply for a DLI to maintain your study visa’s validity.
Documents Required for Canada Study Visa
You must meet specific requirements and submit the necessary documents to apply for a Canada student visa. Here is a checklist of essential documents:
- Letter of Acceptance: A standardized acceptance letter from a recognized higher education provider is required. Students interested in Quebec must also submit a Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ).
- Valid Passport: Ensure your passport covers your stay in Canada.
- Study Plan: Prepare a detailed study plan outlining your educational goals and intentions in Canada.
- Immigration Medical Exam: Undergo a medical examination to meet health requirements.
- Police Verification Certificate: Provide a police clearance certificate to verify your criminal record.
- Financial Documents: Demonstrate proof of sufficient funds to cover your tuition fees, living expenses, and return fare to your home country.
- Quebec-specific Requirements: If applying in Quebec, submit the necessary documents per their regulations.
Canada Study Visa Fees
To apply for a Canadian study visa, a fee of 150 CAD or PHP 6,525 is required, along with an additional 200 CAD or PHP 8,701.20 for some countries. Keep in mind that medical exams or health insurance expenses are additional costs.
Mandatory Steps and Canada Student Visa Processing Time
To successfully obtain a Canada student visa, follow these steps:
- Letter of Acceptance: Obtain a standardized acceptance letter from a recognized higher education provider.
- Visa Application: Apply on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website and provide the necessary documents.
- Temporary Residence Permit: Some countries may require you to apply for a temporary residence permit.
- Submit Documents and Pay the Fee: Submit all application forms, documents, and payments to the Canada Immigration website. The processing time can take up to 90 days.
Applying early and completing all requirements on time will ensure a smoother application process.