Are you facing constant issues with your solar panels, such as performance problems, shadow issues, or panel downtime? In this blog, we will provide essential information about solar panel installation. Proper installation is crucial, as it can prevent potential problems from arising in a few days, months, or even years.
Let’s explore how to install a high-quality solar panel system that will last long and deliver long-term benefits. But first, let’s discuss the types of materials and critical components of a Solar Energy System.
Understanding the Solar Energy System
A Solar Energy System consists of four key components that determine the performance of the solar system:
- Solar Panels are the core elements that capture sunlight and convert it into electricity.
- Solar Inverter: The solar inverter converts the direct current (DC) electricity produced by the solar panels into usable alternating current (AC) electricity.
- Solar Battery: The solar battery stores excess energy produced by the solar panels for use during cloudy days or at night.
- Panel Stands: This provides structural support and ensures the proper positioning of the solar panels.
Types of Solar Energy Systems
Solar Energy Systems are versatile and can be tailored to suit your specific needs and the climate in your area. There are two primary types of Solar Energy Systems:
- Solar Panel for Battery: This system includes solar panels and a solar battery, allowing you to store excess energy for later use.
- Solar Panel without Battery (In Solid Solar System): This system includes solar panels but lacks a solar battery, meaning that excess energy is directly sent to the grid or used immediately.
Tools Required for Solar Panel Installation
During installation, the installer uses various tools to ensure a successful setup. Some of the essential tools include:
- Adjustable Wrench
- Spirit Level (Used for making the base level)
- Screwdriver Set
- Angle Grinder
- Drill Machine
- Pouching Machine
- Still Wire
- Clamp Meter
- Measuring Tape
- Water Level
- Electrical Tape
- Cable Ties (Used to attach wires to the panel stand and route wires)
- PVC Pipe
- Wire Cutter
Solar Panel Installation Costs in India
The cost of solar panel installation in India is approximately Rs. 7 per watt. Below is a breakdown of prices based on system size:
- 1kW: ₹7,000
- 2kW: ₹14,000
- 3kW: ₹21,000
- 4kW: ₹28,000
- 5kW: ₹35,000
- 6kW: ₹42,000
- 7kW: ₹49,000
- 8kW: ₹56,000
- 9kW: ₹63,000
- 10kW: ₹70,000
In addition to the installation cost, customers may need to pay extra charges for certain services, such as:
- Interior wiring connection (typically ranging from Rs. 1500 to 2000)
- Annual Maintenance Contract (AMC) at ₹10,000 per kilowatt annually
With this comprehensive guide, you are now equipped with the knowledge to install a top-notch solar panel system that will serve you well for years. Ensure you choose the right design for your needs and rely on experienced professionals for the installation process. Embrace solar energy and enjoy its long-term benefits while contributing to a greener and more sustainable future.
Tabular Representation of Solar Panel Installation Costs per kWh
|System Size (kWh)||Cost Range (Rs./kWh)|
|1kW||75 – 85|
|3kW||75 – 85|
|5kW||75 – 85|
|10kW||75 – 85|
Please note that these figures are estimates and may vary depending on your specific location, available incentives, and market conditions.