2 Year Nursing Programs in Canada: Canada provides a wide variety of programs, most of which have varying lengths. Speaking of 2-year nursing programs, you can look into different level courses including diplomas, graduate diplomas, master’s degrees, postgraduate diplomas, etc. The popular nursing programs in Canada that are only offered for two years are listed below:
- Ontario College Practical Nursing Diploma
- Nursing Practice Diploma
- Psychiatric nursing diploma
- Clinical and Critical Care Graduate Certificate in Enhanced Nursing Practice
- Nursing Doctorate
- Public health nursing master’s
- Nursing Science Master’s
- feminism and gender studies concentration in the Master of Science in Nursing
- Nursing Science Master’s Nurse Practitioner: Primary Care
Course Outlines for Nursing Programs
By default, nursing courses mostly relate to the medical field and introduce students to medical ideas and procedures. These abilities allow nurses to help doctors during surgical procedures while also equipping them with the knowledge necessary to treat minor injuries and illnesses on their own. Following are some of the typical nursing topics:
- Psychological and psychiatric Nursing
- Communication and health education
- Human Physiology and Anatomy
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- The basics of nursing
- Child Health Nursing
- Personal Care
- Surgical-Medical Nursing
- Genetics in Community Health Nursing
Such nursing programs are provided by Canadian colleges and universities. You must consider whether the program and its course of study correspond with your job ambitions while choosing the ideal college for your dream degree. Some of the well-known universities in Canada that offer 2-year nursing degrees are listed below:
- College of Ottawa
- McGill College
- Lakehead University
- Lakehead College
- University of Ryerson
- Durham College
- Langara College
- Conestoga College of Applied Arts and Technology
- Thompson Rivers College
- Centennial College of Applied Arts and Technology at Georgian College
- The Applied Arts and Technology College at Fanshawe
Eligibility Requirements for Two-Year Nursing Programs in Canada in 2025 and 2026
All prospective nurses must meet the entry requirements required by Canadian institutions if they want to work in the highly sought-after area of nursing. The prerequisites for 2-year nursing programs in Canada vary because there are different levels of study available for them. The general guidelines that you must follow are listed below:
- Candidates must have completed the standard formal education requirements of 10 + 2 with BiPC Subjects from a recognized institution with the minimum required marks in order to be considered for diploma or bachelor’s level courses.
- You must possess a bachelor’s degree in nursing, such as a BSc in nursing, or another equivalent discipline to be eligible for Masters or graduate diplomas.
- A high score on English language proficiency exams, such as the IELTS or TOEFL, as well as SOPs and LORs in the format required
Cost of Attending 2 Year Nursing Programs in Canada in 2025/2026
Compared to other nursing programs, studying for two years is significantly less expensive overall. Depending on the college or university you choose, the total tuition costs for a BScN range between $52,000 and $169,000 (INR 38,59,668 and INR 1,25,43,923).
Among the top universities offering a BScN, Calgary University and McMaster University have the lowest yearly tuition fees of $12,837 (INR 9,52,590) and $13,024 (INR 9,66,467), respectively.
Canada’s Quick Nursing Courses
Universities in Canada also offer students the option of taking shorter, one-year certificate courses. Several organizations that provide one-year nursing programs are listed below.
In Canada, becoming a nurse has always been a popular professional choice. Students enroll in two-year nursing schools to acquire a quick entry into Canada’s medical and healthcare industries. They do so since the career has a large reach that exceeds their expectations. Following this degree, the following career choices are possible:
- Assistant Director of Nursing
- Nursing Manager
- Certified Nursing Instructor
- Nursing Assistant
- Licensed Nurse
- nursing specialist
- Consultant Associate Dean Research
- forensic nursing Nurse
- Visiting Nurse
- Service Nursing
- Integrated Nursing
- Specialist in Clinical Information
- Manager of Clinical Research
Nursing Instructor Nursing Educator Practical Nursing FAQs for teachers
In Canada, is a two-year nursing degree offered?
There are four different kinds of professional nursing programs in Alberta: LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse), a profession that calls for a two-year diploma. To practice as a Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN), you must have at least a diploma (2.5 years of study).
Is a two-year nursing degree possible?
Three years are required to earn a nursing diploma, which qualifies graduates to work as staff nurses or enrolled nurses.
How long is the Canadian RN program?